Friday, October 17, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

This week I had the opportunity to practice a job interview with a real person, which was a huge help to me. I kind of knew what to expect going into the interview, but overall I was pleasantly surprised with myself. I felt like I was a confident interviewee and the interview flowed smoothly. I was actually not nervous at all which was a little surprising because I figured I would be. Maybe this was due to the fact that Angie was the interviewer, and I know she has nothing but constructive criticism to give me..instead of a possible rejection! If I could do the interview again, I would be more prepared in my questions for the prospective employer. This question threw me, because I was so focused on telling about myself that it was difficult to switch gears and ask about the company. Overall, I feel confident in my interviewing abilities, I need to fluff up/extend my resume a little before the next one and I think I will be fine. I am excited to know that the real world is just around the corner, and I am now one step closer to my dream job! (I hope..ha)

No comments: